Who We Are
Vital Connections of The Midlands, Inc. has three different locations. Arthurtown located 223 Riley Street, Children's Garden on Columbia College Campus at 4801 Colonial Dr., and Tender Years 6862 Lower Richland Blvd., in the Hopkins, SC community.
What We Do
Our programs provide comprehensive, high-quality early childhood education for pregnant moms, children aged six weeks to two and a half years old that is affordable and has a strong parental engagement component.Contact an Advocate
Who Is Eligible?
Pregnant women and children aged six weeks to two and a half years old and meet the Federal Income guidelines.
*Scholarships are available for those who qualify.
Documents required to apply:
Contact a Family Advocate at one of our three early head start locations in Richland County.
Annual Open Enrollment Period: February – June
- Proof of income from the previous year
- Previous year’s W2s or 1040 tax form
- Child support statement
- Public assistance statement: SSI or TANF
- Proof of pregnancy or child’s age
- Crib card or Birth certificate
- Proof of pregnancy from a physician
- Two proofs of address verification
- Lease or mortgage statement
- Proof of homelessness
- Utility bill
- Car registration
- Proof of Medicaid, WIC, SNAP